Bumper Easter holiday crowds expected through BNE - plan ahead!
Thursday 31 March 2022: Travellers to Brisbane Airport’s Domestic Terminal this Easter school holiday period should plan ahead and allow extra time to get to, and through, the airport.
Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) spokesperson Rachel Bronish said the holiday period is expected to be the busiest for the Domestic Terminal since the beginning of the pandemic and that passengers should expect longer processing times at the airport.
“We have seen some extraordinary growth within the domestic market over the past few months, and the upcoming Easter school holiday period will be no different, with passenger numbers expected to climb further.
“To make the airport experience stress-free and help ensure everyone gets away on time, we’re encouraging domestic travellers to arrive two hours ahead of their scheduled departure,” Ms Bronish said.
“If you are planning on driving to the airport, we recommend you jump online and book your car parking spot as far in advance as possible as parking demand has surged beyond usual numbers in recent weeks.”
“Ground staff and security personnel will be working hard to minimise congestion, but we ask passengers to pack their patience and be courteous throughout their travels.”
To assist passengers, BAC has compiled some tips to get you through the airport this Easter:
- Allow extra time to get to the airport and through check-in processes
- There are a variety of different parking options to suit your requirements. Pre-plan your parking and book online ahead of time via bne.com.au/brisbane-airport-parking
- If you are dropping off passengers, allow extra time, as the drop off road in front of the terminal will be congested
- Check-in online the day before you fly to limit time spent in queues
- Avoid excess baggage. Travelling light saves time at check-in and at your destination
- Watch what you wear. Save time at security screening points by avoiding metal belts, chunky jewellery, lace-up shoes or shoes with metal support in the sole. Light, casual gear is the best
- Remember to remove your laptop and aerosols from your bag before reaching the security screening point
- And if you find you have plenty of time before your flight simply relax and enjoy the food, beverage, and shopping that’s on offer in the terminal.