Brisbane Airport’s new Domestic Terminal ‘international food precinct’ now open for business
BNE's Food Collective now open
- New ‘international food’ precinct an Australian airport first
- Part of Brisbane Airport’s $40 million redevelopment of its Domestic Terminal
- BAC reaches halfway mark of this massive facelift, due for completion in late 2020.
Thursday 28 November 2019: Brisbane Airport has thrown open the doors of its new Food Collective, an ‘international food’ precinct, designed by SSP Group located in the Brisbane Domestic Terminal.
An innovation in airport design, having never been done before in the Australian airport landscape, Food Collective has taken inspiration from outdoor hawker street dining and local farmers markets, creating a space with a distinct sense of place that provides passengers with a wide selection of cuisines from Asian and Mexican to Western.
The idea of this new precinct is to create a space where activations can occur, suitable for all major events and activities throughout the year, from Christmas and New Year, through to Chinese New Year, sporting events and regular seasonal activities.
In addition to the precinct calendar, each brand will have a dedicated calendar catering for specific menu changes throughout the year, for each cuisine on offer.
The Food Collective design is adaptable, providing the ability to switch out the brands when trends change over time.
Five new F&B outlets that opened as part of the launch, include:
Ze Pickle: born and bred in Queensland, Australia, offering customers the best burgers, shakes and fries Brisbane has to offer. Ze Pickle uses the freshest of ingredients, locally sourced from farms throughout SEQ.
Nippon Ramen: bringing the finest Ramen Noodles and dumplings from Asian direct to Brisbane Airport. Using the freshest of ingredients, direct from local Queensland farms, with flavours unique to Asia.
Mi Casa: bringing the best flavours of Mexico to Brisbane Airport, coming direct from the United Kingdom. Mi Casa specialises in burritos, tacos and nachos. Mi Casa uses the freshest of local ingredients, including sauces, meats and vegetables.
Yo! Sushi: Is all about fresh, flavoursome, authentic Japanese food including sushi, sashimi and a mouth-watering range of hot street food, from traditional classics to innovative fusion dishes. All packed with rich, aromatic flavours and all-natural ingredients.
Upper West Side Deli: A New York-inspired concept offering sandwiches, bagels and other traditional deli lines.
Featuring a large centralised seating area, creating a community feel, passengers can order directly with each outlet or jump the queue by ordering from on-site self-order kiosks.
Martin Ryan, Executive General Manager Consumers Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC), said, “The Food Collective forms the anchor of the new Domestic Terminal Café Court, and SSP’s exciting hawker-style dining option brings a unique point of difference to Brisbane Airport’s Domestic Terminal.
“The quality fit-out and range of exciting food on offer is absolutely world class and from day one the precinct has been filled with passengers keen to sample the new options.
“It’s exciting to have hit the half-way mark of this extensive renovation which also includes the upgrading of lighting, air-conditioning, way-finding, Wi-Fi and restrooms and the creation of more seating and charging stations and enhanced natural lighting.
“We are very grateful to our passengers for their patience while this lengthy renovation continues. I can guarantee the short-term pain will be well worth it when we’re complete,” Mr Ryan said.
What’s next? BAC looks forward to welcoming many more new and exciting stores in the Domestic Terminal, including:
Other stores within the new Café Court include:
- Roll’d: Healthy and fresh traditional Vietnamese street food with an Australian twist.
- Seeds by Bruno Loubet: Seeds is proudly plant-based and free from processed ingredients, with everything on offer made with fresh and natural ingredients.
- Coffee Royal: Offers a range of hot and cold beverages and grab and go menu items.
Other new stores recently opened at the Domestic Terminal:
- New Farm Confectionery: a Brisbane favourite specialising in handcrafted confectionery and chocolate.
- M.A.C Cosmetics: the world’s leading professional makeup authority.
- Jo Malone: Discover a new world of unexpected fragrances and understated elegance.
- Country Road: Australian fashion powerhouse has landed at the Domestic Terminal.
- Sunglass Hut: Refurbished store now open in a new location.
- Mimco: Refurbished store now open.
- Wine Selectors: Australia’s largest independent direct marketer of wine, with on-site specialists in terminal every day.
Opening by the end of the year:
- Zataar: A Mediterranean store that will round out the food offering in The Food Collective.
- News@bne: the last of nine news@bne travel essentials stores
- Seeds Heritage – Full range Seed stocking women’s men’s and kid’s fashion.
- Graze: Open during refurbishment to deliver an expanded store with a new wine bar offer.