Local charities benefit in the Brisbane Airport Community Giving fund
Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) has this morning distributed more than $35,000 in grants to dozens of charitable organisations as part of its philanthropic Community Giving Fund.
Twice a year BAC calls for applications for grants for projects that provide health and wellbeing, safety, sport, education and environment programs, or other community benefits and initiatives.
Since the launch of its Community Giving Fund in 2015, BAC has donated nearly $250,000 to help smaller charities continue the fantastic work they do within the community.
In addition to philanthropic donations, BAC distributes more than $1 million in sponsorship support to a wide range of community-focused corporations each year.
BAC’s major charitable partnerships include The Royal Flying Doctor Service, Crime Stoppers, RACQ Life Flight and Surf Life Saving Queensland.
Sponsorship for the arts, culture and professional sporting teams is also a passion of BAC’s with the Corporation throwing its support behind Brisbane Roar W-League Football Club, Brisbane Festival, Queensland Theatre Company, Brisbane Powerhouse, QAGOMA, La Boite Theatre Company, Brisbane Writers Festival, Camerata of St John’s, Museum of Brisbane and Brisbane Philharmonic Orchestra, to name but a few.
Recipients of donations from BAC’s latest round of Community Giving include:
Angel Gowns: A charity organisation that takes donations of wedding and formal attire and recreates it into burial garments for premature and still born babies and infants up to two years old. They then donate them free of charge to hospitals and funeral homes throughout Australia. The grant will help with the purchase of items needed to assist in the creation of their special packages and the cost of them getting them out to the families who need them.
Bridgit Water Foundation: A charity trying to make a difference by helping people to take charge of their current and future situations through true Water Development. The Foundation is a development organisation that uses the engineering, entrepreneurial and training skills and experience of its members to provide community based, safe, sustainable water systems in a number of regions in developing countries.
Montrose Therapy and Respite: For over 80 years Montrose Therapy and Respite Services has provided support services for children and young adults living with physical disabilities across Queensland. They provide a range of allied health services (Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, Speech therapy, social work) as well as recreation and volunteer programs. They will use the grant from BAC to update their book collection in their resource centre which provides free loans of books and equipment to be used by their staff and our customers. The community benefit provided by the resource centre is wide and varied. Children have the opportunity use equipment that is modern and innovative, that they may not be able to afford to purchase themselves.
Other recipients include:
• 4 Aussie War Vets Foundation Limited
• All About Living Inc.
• Amputees & Families Support Group Qld Inc
• Angel Blanket Australia Inc.
• Aspley View Club
• Aunties and Uncles Queensland
• Boots for Bushies
• Breaking Down The Barriers for Rural Patients in City Hospitals -Brisbane• Brisbane Basket Brigade
• Chermside Meals on Wheels Inc
• Community Friendship Centre
• Community Living Association
• Emily Foord Memorial Kindergarten
• Hamilton State School
• Harmony Place- Centre for Multicultural Mental Health and Wellbeing
• Harty Street Community Kindergarten
• Jeays St Community Centre - Australian Red Cross
• Mayne Tigers Junior Australian Football Club
• Meals on Wheels Redcliffe Inc
• NCEC Ltd
• Neighbourhood Centre Caboolture Inc.
• Noah's Ark Resource Centre
• Norman Park State School
• Peach Tree Perinatal Wellness
• Pelican and Seabird Rescue Inc
• Pinkenba Community Association Inc.
• Redlands Centre for Women Inc
• Sandgate Home Assist Secure
• The Big Issue
• The Lodge Youth Support Service
• Vineyard Mercy Centre
• Wynnum Manly Arts Council
• Wynnum Manly Citizens' Band Inc
• Wynnum Manly War Veterans & Associates Social Bowls Club Inc
• Youth Housing Project Association Inc.
For more information about BAC’s Community Giving Fund please click here.