Double success for BNE at AIPM Awards
There was double success for Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) at the Annual Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) Awards in Brisbane last night with Brisbane Airport’s (BNE) Main Runway Overlay Project named Queensland Construction/Engineering Project of the Year and Robert Scodellaro from BNE’s Assets Airport Construction named Queensland AIPM Program/Project Director of the Year for his outstanding work managing all Terminal projects at the airport.
The awards were presented in front of 200 project management professionals from organisations across Australia.
David Gunning, BAC Airport Construction Manager, said, “The runway award is recognition of the great work from all the various BAC teams who made the project the success it was.
“Assets Airport Construction, Facilities, Duty Terminal Managers, Airside Operations, Airside Standards, Airport Lighting, WHS and Aviation Business Development all worked seamlessly together to ensure the successful delivery of a critical, significant and challenging project for Brisbane Airport.
“Rob’s award is a magnificent personal achievement and a recognition of his skill being applied here at BAC,” he said.
Both award winners now go forward to the national awards, to be held in Melbourne in October.
It’s the third year in a row that BAC has been recognised at the AIPM Awards:
- National Project of the Year – G20
- QLD High Commendation – Domestic Common User Upgrade
- National PM of the Year – Matt Lane
- QLD Young PM of the Year – Dan Hyde
- QLD Best Project Under $20m – Baggage Intrusion Detection System
- QLD Construction/Engineering Project of the Year – Main Runway Overlay
- QLD Program/Project Director of the Year - Robert Scodellaro